Orsi Organic Produce is located north of Auke Bay near Juneau, Alaska. Our produce is grown locally for select markets using sustainable organic practices under the Certified Naturally Grown program. We avoid the use of chemical fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, or genetically modified crops. We are a seasonal operation, and sell over 2,000 lbs of produce annually.
Our farm promotes sustainable agricultural practices from the soil to the market!
• Soil inputs (compost, seaweed, shells, etc.) are locally sourced as available
• Crop rotation and cover cropping are done to build soil tilth and incorporate nitrogen
• Growing areas are mulched or cover cropped to prevent soil erosion and nutrient runoff
• Plastics are avoided for packaging and in other farm uses whenever possible
• Crops are delivered directly to labeled storefront bins and minimally packaged
• Vegetative waste is typically composted and used on the farm
• Crops grown are typically sold within 15 miles of their production
We are a Certified Naturally Grown farm producing naturally grown food for local markets. The CNG mission helps promote sustainable agriculture through peer-review certification, grassroots networking, and advocacy. Consumers may also view online CNG farmer information and declared growing practices.
Salt & Soil Online Marketplace, Orders can be placed online from noon Friday until 8 pm Wednesday and picked up on Thursday from 4:30 to 6:30 pm at 712 W. 12th Street, Suite 1. Juneau
To view a "Flavorful & productive crop variety list for Southeast Alaska" see this doc from the Farmer's Summit in Sitka in 2019:
For over the past 30+ years, I (Joe) have grown a multitude of different crops from apples to zucchinis in Southeast Alaska. I first began as a Master Gardener in the 1990s and helped out with the establishment of Juneau's first Community Garden. After experimenting with various crops and growing techniques over many years, I decided to participate in Juneau's first Farmers Market (Food Festival) in 2008. Afterwards I began a business and began selling commercially as "Orsi Organic Produce" to various markets around Juneau.
To view information on how to set up a high tunnel, see my presentation made at the SE Commercial Grower's Conference in 2015:
Orsi Organic Produce